Exams at Private Visits
Private Visit exams take place at a venue organised by the applicant.
If you have had a Private Visit before, then your local ABRSM representative will be in touch to discuss arrangements. If you have not organised a Private Visit before, contact your local representative who will talk you through the process.
Our new exam booking service allows you to:
- Upload a list of candidate details to your booking. Visit Organisers can also download a list of all candidates taking exams at their Private Visit.
- Use our new online timetabling tool to arrange your exam day(s) and send email alerts to candidates and Permitted Applicants.
- Make late bookings at a practical Private Visit if there is room in the timetable.
What you need to know
- Visit Organisers book and run Private Visits. The Visit Organiser is responsible for organising the Private Visit venue, discussing possible dates with their local ABRSM representative and then sharing the Private Visit Venue Code with any Permitted Applicants. Visit Organisers are also responsible for finalising the timetable and for sharing this information with their candidates and any Permitted Applicants.
- Permitted Applicants are exam applicants who have received permission from a Visit Organiser to book their candidates at a Private Visit.
- Venue Codes allow us to identify Private Visits on our system. Once we have approved a Private Visit venue and it appears on our system, we will give it a code. The Visit Organiser will need to share this code with any Permitted Applicants, who will need to enter the code when they book their candidates at the Private Visit.
Private Visit venue approval
- As a Visit Organiser you may need to request approval for your Private Visit venue before you can make a booking. We are introducing this process to make sure all exam venues meet our standards.
- Please talk to your local representative to find out if you need to request approval.
- You can request venue approval via your new online account. You only need to request approval for your venue once. If we give approval, this will apply for all your future Private Visits at that venue.
- The online venue approval process takes up to eight working days.